One of the things I want to do before getting married is to crazy dye my hair. I’ve always dreamed of having pastel hair because Princess Bubblegum used to be my ultimate favorite character (next to Marceline and Jake) in Adventure Time. After having the guts, I finally did it at age 25! At first, I was very reluctant to bleach, tone, and dye my hair. In case you didn’t know, all these chemical processes can strip off nutrients in your hair making it VERY dry and sticky. Oh well, a unicorn’s gotta do what a unicorn’s gotta do which is to get that right hair care!
So I did a lot of research before jumping into the rainbow hair society. Here are a few things you need to do to protect and nourish your bleached and colored hair:
1. Do not wash your hair with hot/warm water as this strips the color off your hair. Always with cold/lukewarm.
2. Shampoo your hair 2-3 times a week especially if you applied semi-permanent hair dye.
3. Avoid too much hair styling such as hair ironing/blow drying.
4. Get Keratin hair treatment once or twice a month.
5. Buy hair products that do not contain the following:
* Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulphate (SLS/SLES) – Acts as a detergent that produces foamy suds. This chemical is responsible for hair color fading. It has a small molecular structure that gives the ability to penetrate in our skin which results to dryness.
* Parabens – These are easily absorbed by our scalp and interrupt the normal hormonal cycle which increases the risk of having breast cancer.
* Ammonium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate – Though safer and less irritating compared with SLS/SLES because it has a bigger molecular structure, this also gives the same effect as SLS/SLES does.
* Propylene Glycol – This breaks down protein and cellular structure of the skin.
Thankfully, I found the right duo that don’t contain those harmful chemicals. Organic Care Colour Shield Shampoo and Conditioner contain no SLS/SLES, ALS/ALES, Parabens, Propylene Glycol, and other harsh chemicals that could strip off protein & color from your hair and can cause illness to your body. Awesome news to all animal lovers out there because the products are CRUELTY-FREE (CCF accredited) and VEGAN! Another great thing is that the bottles used are 100% recycled and recyclable! I enjoyed having soft and smooth locks without having regrets!
To cap off:
✓Free from harmful chemicals
Okay, I’m buying this forever LOL!
Organic Care Colour Shield Shampoo and Conditioner is priced at Php 299 each and can be purchased at Watsons and Lazada in the Philippines.
Thank you for reading my blog! I hope this helps you in finding the right hair care for your color-treated hair or if you’re still planning to dye your hair. Let me know your thoughts! 🙂