Mother Earth provides us with the best beaches, beautiful coral reefs, crystal clear waters, and delicious sea food we all love and it’s our responsibility to nurture and protect these natural wonders. What could be better than to use a sunscreen that not only protects your skin but also the coral reefs and the ocean as well?
MAGWAI is a Filipino sunscreen brand that promotes love for the ocean and its underwater wonders. They believe that respect must always be present whenever we want to dance with the waves or explore the ocean floor that’s why they have created a product to support their beautiful advocacy. A product made out of love and respect for our country’s enchanting coral reefs, MAGWAI takes the leap in changing the world.
Physical Sunscreen > Chemical Sunscreen
Did you know that a chemical sunscreen has ingredients that bleach corals? Just a drop covers the body of water as wide as an Olympic-sized swimming pool! Can you imagine how we unconsciously destroy our fishy friends’ homes just because of the harmful chemicals being washed off from our skin as we swim?
Here’s a list of the chemicals you need to avoid in choosing a sunscreen:
- Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate
- 4-methylbenzylidene camphor
MAGWAI Reef-Safe Sunscreen SPF 50+ in 100ml is a water & sweat resistant physical sunscreen that contains non-nano Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide as its active ingredients which are natural, safe for the coral reefs, and safe for our skin. Unlike chemical sunscreens which can be absorbed in the skin and can possibly cause irritation, MAGWAI sunscreen forms a barrier on the top layer of our skin that reflects harmful UVA and UVB rays. You’ll notice that it leaves a white film on the skin. This is a protective cast that protects the skin from the sun’s harshness. It has a powdery and icing-like texture and is fragrance-free. At the end of the day, my skin didn’t feel sticky at all. To get effective results, apply the MAGWAI sunscreen 20 minutes before sun exposure and re-apply after 80 minutes.
Eco-Friendly and Cruelty-Free
MAGWAI sunscreen is 100% cruelty-free because no land and water animals were harmed during the testing procedure. It’s also FDA certified, proven to be safe to our skin.
What’s even better is that MAGWAI has worked with partners to reduce plastic waste. Join the movement and drop off empty MAGWAI tubes in recycling bins found in the following partner stores:
- Agos @ Retail Lab, 3/F Glorietta 3, Makati
- The Park Fashion + Lifestyle, 4/F East Wing Shangri-la Plaza, Mandaluyong
- Beyond Yoga, 3F Il Terrazzo, Tomas Morato Ave. cor., Sct. Madriñan St, Quezon City, Metro Manila
- Plana Forma, 14th Floor of Frabelle Building, Rada Street, Legazpi Village, Makati City
- Sesou, Alabang Town Center, Alabang-Zapote Road, Muntinlupa, Metro Manila
- Sesou, Ground Level Market! Market!, 26th St. cor. C5, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila
- Sesou, GF (near Sarabia Optical) Trinoma, North Ave, Quezon City, Metro Manila
- Things That Matter/Rags2Riches, UP Town Center, 1st level (across Happy Lemon), 216 Katipunan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City, 1108 Metro Manila, Philippines
- PSI – Professional Scuba Diving, Sitio Panibatuhan, Barangay, Morong, Bataan
- Club Paradise Palawan
- Dimakya Island, Coron, Northern Palawan
- Freediving Coron, Ground Floor, GMG Hotel, National Highway & Don Pedro Street, Barangay 1, Coron Center, Palawan, Philippnes, 5316
- Red Carabao Coron, Coron Town Proper, National Highway, Poblacion, Coron, 5316 Palawan
- Sangat Island Dive Resort, Sangat Island, Barangay Bintuan Coron, Palawan, 5316
- El Nido Cauyana Island Resort, Cauayan Island Bacuit Bay, El Nido, 5313 Palawan
- Clean Beach Co, G/F 134 Beachfront Collective, Urbiz Garden Bed & Breakfast, MacArthur Highway (Manila North Road), San Juan, La Union
- Makai Bowls,The Great Northwest Philippine Travel Stop & Viewing Deck San Juan, La Union 2514
- San Juan Surf Resort, Urbiztondo, San Juan, MacArthur Highway, San Fernando, La Union
- Tali Ti Amianan, L.U. Town Center, San Juan, La Union
- Evolution Diving Resort, Malapascua Island Daanbantayan, Cebu Philippines
The 100ml tube is priced at Php 599.
You may also purchase the MAGWAI sunscreen through their web store: www.magwai.com.ph/shop/
Hold Onto Hope if You Got It
Everything we do changes the future. We do not want our future generation to accuse us of having a dreadful environment they’ll hardly enjoy but we would want them to thank us for giving the hope of tomorrow. My friends, let’s start living according to our purpose in this planet which is to help in saving Mother Nature before we regret of losing her luster. Protect your skin, the ocean, and the reefs with MAGWAI Reef-Safe Sunscreen.